Pain relief from Red Light Therapy
Red light therapy gives a drug and surgery free way to relieve pain and speed up any healing processes.
Red light therapy can offer a surgery and drug free alternative to relieve pain, aches and vastly speed up any healing processes. The healing benefits of red light therapy were discovered by the American experts at NASA when red LED light therapy was used in plant growth experiments and was found to speed up the healing of injuries in outer space.
There is a device using Red light therapy LEDs (light emitting diodes) being used in clinical trials and shows great promise as a treatment in healing bone marrow transplant patients. Red light therapy has also been found to offer some relief for cancer patients as well.
The Deep Penetrating Light (DPL) System uses a combination of infrared LED and red light therapy to penetrate deep into skin, tissue, muscle and joints. Even bones where the red light therapy wavelengths stimulate healing and reparative processes.
The combination of red light therapy and infrared LED has been shown to ease pain and accelerate the healing process by with a number of benefits:
1. Red light therapy increases circulation by boosting the formation of capillaries which deliver more oxygen throughout the body speeding up healing.
2. Red light therapy blocks pain transmitting chemicals resulting in a natural and drug free form of analgesia (pain killer.)
3. Red light therapy triggers the production of endorphins which helps to facilitate long term pain relief.
4. Red light therapy relieves swelling by increasing lymphatic system activity.
5. Red light therapy stimulates the release of Adenosine Triphosphate which is a major carrier of energy to the cells.
6. Red light therapy helps to replace damaged cells more quickly by increasing RNA and DNA synthesis.
Both red light therapy and infrared LED have been shown to affect at least 24 different positive benefits and changes at a cellular level. This powerful treatment penetrates into the body easing pain, reducing inflammation, repairing damaged tissue mending injuries, and helping with infection.
With millions of people suffering with daily pain, red light therapy offers a natural, gentle, and safe alternative for easing the agony.
Without red light therapy, the prevalence of acute and chronic pain sufferers in the United States is simply astounding. The Arthritis Foundation reported that over 50 million Americans which is one in five, suffer with arthritis with 42 percent of adults in the U.S. experience pain daily.
The American Pain Society reported on the 2005 National Health Interview Survey findings that in a 3 month period over 1/3 of the entire U.S. population experiences pain. Of those reporting pain, 31,066,000 experience migraines, 28,401,000 had lower back pain, and 9,535,000 complained of jaw pain. This is just a small sampling of the countless number of pain related conditions that are out there. There are many other afflictions that cause chronic pain such as tennis elbow, shoulder pain, joint pain, knee injuries, and the list goes on and on.
This is where Red light therapy can offer a drug and surgery free way to relieve the pains and aches and speed up any healing processes.